I recently finished the Law of Attraction book, "Ask and it is Given". I liked it very, very much and it changed my life – at least some of it.
I was so influenced by it that I had to write about it.
It’s about thoughts. This book says that whatever you think about – somehow actually manifests in the real world. Period.
You may say – “How can that be, of course whatever I think doesn’t just happen!”
But this law of attraction book says that if you focus purely on a thought for 17 seconds, it will actually manifest in some way in the universe. And if you focus purely on a thought for 64 seconds – you will definitely see it actually manifesting! The reason, this book says, most of us don’t find our thoughts becoming things is that we don’t focus on a thought purely for 17 seconds. We focus for around 8 seconds and then we focus on an opposing thought immediately. Like we may say – “I want to be a millionaire” and think about it for around 7-8 seconds and then immediately we will think – “..but how can I be a millionaire? That’s not possible.” Or we will experience an emotion opposing what we want within 8 seconds. But if we are able to purely think – “I will be a millionaire. And I will do this and this to be a millionaire. And I like seeing a million dollars etc…” for even 17 seconds, the universe will conspire to actually start giving us whatever we want!
Interesting, isn’t it?
This book says some other things too. It says that the world is not something existing outside you - something which you observe and modify. It is something you create every moment with your thoughts. That means: if we think nice thoughts – automatically nice circumstances will come to us. And if we think crappy – "life sucks" thoughts – automatically, life sucking circumstances will come to us. So someone is poor – because he observes his being poor everyday and thinks thoughts of being poor the whole day. If he could somehow imagine himself to be rich and keep picturing that everyday, somehow the universe would give him all the money in the world! Most people are not able to feel or use all this because they keep thinking random thoughts and so they keep attracting random circumstances.
|Have YOU read 'Ask and it is Given'? How did you come across it? Did it inspire you? Tell us your story here!|
Fine, suppose we believe that whatever we think automatically creates our circumstances as if by magic, then how to really make use of thoughts? Like if I want a million dollars right now, what do I “think” to manifest them?
For that, the book gives 22 interesting things you can do to “create reality” using your thoughts.
For example there’s this activity where you have to write a mock check of 1000 dollars to yourself today, 2000 dollars tomorrow, 3000 dollars the day after tomorrow, and then imagine yourself spending all those checks! When you imagine yourself spending those checks, says this book – you will attract thoughts about being rich – and that will make the universe actually give you money and nice circumstances.
Then there is this activity where you imagine how the next part of your day is going to be before it happens! Like in the morning before going to work – you imagine how your day at work will start. While leaving work you imagine exactly how you would want to travel home, exactly which seat you want in the train etc. And the universe will conspire so that what you intended happens, says this book,
However strange all this may sound, I really think it is worth a read. I mean this is such a fantastic idea – why not give it a try? If it fails, fine. But why not try out the strange but interesting stuff it mentions once?
Here are some lines from the book.
* “By the powerful Universal Law of Attraction, you draw to yourself what you are predominantly thinking about.”
* “Whatever you are thinking is like planning a future event. When you are appreciating you are planning. When you are worrying, you are planning.”
* “Nothing can occur in your life experience without your invitation of it through thought.”
* “There is a very big vibrational difference between thoughts of appreciation of your mate and in your thoughts of what you would like to be different about your mate.”
* “You are a vibrational transmitter and you are broadcasting your signal in every moment of existence.”
* “It is not possible for you to constantly feel positive emotion about something and have it turn out badly..”
* “It is not about controlling thoughts, it is about guiding thoughts.”
* “There is never a reason for you to be without something that you desire.”
* “The only reason that you could ever experience something other than what you desire is because you are giving the majority of your attention to something other than what you desire.”
* "If you have the ability to imagine it…the universe has the ability and resources to deliver it fully unto you.” “There is no condition so severe that you cannot reverse it by choosing different thoughts.”
* “Within 17 seconds of focusing upon something, a matching vibration becomes activated.”
* “When your desire feels so big that it seems unreachable, it is not on the verge of manifestation.”
Oh, it did so in numerous ways, but I’ll tell you 3.
When I first read this 17 second thing – “What you think for 17 seconds, manifests!” – I really wanted to try it.
My friend got drunk and got lost at the airport and I tried to find him but couldn’t. I thought of the amazing moments I spent with this friend, how he had once dressed me up with affection, and how he had even once provided me with a roof to live. I thought these thoughts for more than 17 seconds. Lo and behold – an amazing set of circumstances that helped me find him unfolded!
I have written the detailed story here.
Then one day, Krupa, my girlfriend, was very angry with me. I thought – how wonderful it would be if she said “I love you”, right now. And I kept imagining her saying - “I love you” – again and again..I slept that night. When I woke up the next morning and switched on the computer – the first words – I saw on Gtalk were “I want to remind you that I love you!” Wow.
Yet another day, I was feeling terrible when I thought - why not use a process in this book to feel better? So I used it and within 10 minutes, I was feeling amazing!
I have written in detail about it here.
Of course I am yet a novice at what this book teaches, but trying my hand at what the book talks about is already interesting! Even days AFTER reading the book, it refuses to leave my mind. :)
Of course you can buy it from Amazon.
But if you are from India, you can also buy it
here at Flipkart.
No matter what you are thinking right now, isn’t it fascinating? I would definitely recommend it.
'Ask and it is Given' is without doubt a book that transforms. Did it inspire you? What's your story? Tell us all here!
Read more about the Universal Law of Attraction
Go back from An Interesting Law of Attraction Book - Ask and it is Given to the Life Changing Books intro page
Go back from An Interesting Law of Attraction Book - Ask and it is Given to personal-development-is-fun.com